Saturday, February 9, 2008

Velma's Journal--Me and Mr. Fish

You might remember an email exchange between myself and Velma's assistant, Nick Fish. In his email he promised Velma's completed profile and letters from the Tulip family. To date I have received neither. I decided to gently remind him. He was quick to respond.

My email:



Nick,


Hey, it's Justin the "blogger." Hope all is well with you. Just wondering what happened to Velma's profile and the Tulip family letters. Please let me know if there is any way I can help to expedite the delivery process. If the mailing hasn't occurred, I am frequently in Upper Manhattan and would be happy to come by Velma's office to pick the materials up.


Let me know and have a good one.


Best,
Justin




Nick's response (which came 22 minutes later):


Justin,


My sincerest apologies for not contacting you sooner about the letters. When I last spoke to Velma about the mailing, she seemed hesitant to put the fragile documents in the mail. They were hand-delivered by a member of the family as to avoid damage. The letters begin in the 1930's so the paper is disintegrating. Velma asked me to contact you on the matter two weeks ago, but seeing as we've been swamped here with various other obligations, it honestly slipped my mind.


It might be best for you to come and pick up the letters in person. I think Velma will feel more comfortable with that arrangement. Plus, I'm sure she would love to see you. Let me speak to her on the matter and get back to you with a time and place.


Again, I apologize. Enjoy your weekend.


Sincerely,


Nick Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment